Pages

TRAVEL

 Thoughts on Travel:


"Travel while you are young so that you will have memories when you are old."
         That is what my father said to me when I got out of college, and it has proven to be so true. Like so many things, traveling gets harder as we age. The major distractions are a job, marriage, and children. Money always is an issue, but when we are young and flexible, we can travel cheaper than when older had have more demanding requirements.

The beauty is in the walking. We are betrayed by destinations.   --Gwyn Thomas

Like all great travelers I have seen more than I remember and remember more than I have seen. 
--B. Disraeli

Thomas Wolfe said: "you can never go home again."  Meaning that once you have traveled, you have changed. How you look at home after traveling will be different from the reality you once knew.

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world and the best we find in our travels is an honest friend. He is a fortunate voyager who finds many. We travel indeed to find them. They are the end and the reward of life. They keep us worthy of ourselves, and when we are alone we are only nearer to their absent. -- Robert Lewis Stevenson.

The world is a book and those that don't travel read only a page.  --St. Augustine

It is better to travel well than to arrive.  __ Buddha

Where the heck is "Easy Street"?

I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.


“Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.” – Mohammed


“A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill

The only thing you can buy that makes you richer is travel.


Click on the labels at the top right of the page for more subjects.