Pages

I want to be your Dog


Dear Cheeky: ( wife )

I want to be your dog.

I want to be the fuzzy little pup, the ball of fur that scampers across the floor and makes you smile as you bend down and pick me up and cuddle me to your smiling face.

I want to be the companion that waits at the door for your arrival and when you enter my tail wags so hard that my whole body shakes with happiness and warms your heart.

I want to jump up and plant my front feet on your chest and lick your face, neck, and ears as you laugh with joy.

I want to wait patiently at the door for you to come with the leash and we walk down the street together while you find peace and unwind from your busy day.

I want to wait at the front step for the sound of your car as you approach down the road and I run to the driveway wagging and yipping with excitement so you know you are welcome home.

I want to rest with you by the warm fire, my head on your lap as you hold a good book in one hand and rub my ears with the other.

I want to curl up and make a nest at the foot of your bed while you snuggle your toes into my body for warmth at night, and make you feel safe every night we are alone together.

I want to be there with you in your times of sorrow, to lick the salty tears from your face and reassure you that I will always be there and never leave your side.

I want you to know what it feels like to be adored. For you to know that you are the most important thing in my life.  That you have a best friend forever.

I want you to know that this is what true love feels like.

t.d. 4 /14